Saturday 1 December 2007

Would you like help with your packing?

These children don't just sing! Despite having a busy schedule in the weeks leading up to Christmas, the members of the Bradford Boys' and Girls' Choirs descended on Sainsbury's in Keighley today to pack bags for Saturday shoppers and raise money towards their forthcoming foreign trips.
In June 2008 the Girls' Choir will accompany the Diocese of Leeds' pilgrimage to Lourdes, singing in Paris on their way back, while the boys have been invited to perform alongside choirs from all over the world at the international choral festival 'Festivokal' in Germany in May 2009.

We're still counting the money generously donated by the shoppers, but it's looking like being around £1000!!!

THANK YOU, KEIGHLEY!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I stumbled on your blog by chance - googling 'Audi benigne conditor'! - but let me take this opportunity to say how much I value the musical tradition at Leeds Cathedral, and how heartened I am by the rise of good children's choirs in Leeds & Bradford.

I direct the Gregorian chant schola at Leeds Trinity & All Saints, so I am contributing in my own way to music in the diocese!